2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Since its debut in 1989, the iconic Mazda's MX-5 Miata continues to turn heads with its sporty roadster look and reliable modern engineering. Twenty-five years since the model's unveiling, the new 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata continues the tradition of an affordable, easy-to-drive, sporty car.
Voted one of the 10 "Coolest Cars Under $25,000" by Kelley Blue Book for the second consecutive year, the MX-5 Miata pairs fun with function.
Here are some highlights of the new 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata:
- This 2016 model is 220 pounds lighter than the model it replaces, resulting in the most compact of any MX-5 Miata to date.
- The seats are lower in the car, giving you more interior roominess, which means just about anyone will be comfortable. And though you do sit lower, you have an excellent view, making for an easy driving experience.
- The major controls are handy, and the pedals are spaced out well.
- Seats in this model are more supportive than in the past, and the passenger area is set back a little further. Legroom and headroom remain as spacious as ever.
- For the first time, the car introduces a push-button start rather than twist ignition, making getting your car moving a one-step process.
- This model features seat heaters and even three levels of intensity—all designed to make your driving experience as comfortable as possible.
- In keeping with safety, the car features a lane-departure warning, and the engine has an innovative stop-start technology.
- Don't look for a glovebox. Instead find a lockable bin for storage between the seats in the rear bulkhead.
Want to feel for yourself what it's like to be behind the wheel of a new Mazda? Come into Ralph Thayer Automotive and give one of our 2016 models a try!